Join a small team connecting Midcoast Maine to cutting edge fiber optic networks.
Why come work with us?
If you want to work on cutting edge internet technology in an environment where everyone knows each others names, we’d love to hear from you.
• Work closely with the Vice President of Operations on technical planning.
• Design, build and maintain Internet infrastructure supporting residential, commercial and enterprise customers.
• Operate and maintain all legacy layer 2 and layer 3 equipment. This includes the 42xx series core switches along with the MX40 core router and Cisco core routers,
• Operate and maintain the Cisco DWDM network.
• Manage all aspects of Internet Transit and Peering.
• Ensure upkeep of maintenance and contracts of Internet systems and equipment.
• Understand Internet edge services for DSL, FTTH provided by the Central Office.
• Understand firewall and security solutions for internal and external use.
• Support the development and pricing and of Hosted PBX, SIP Network Trunk and SIP PBX Trunk services from the LCI Metaswitch® Softswitch.
• Interface with Central Office and Business Office to support service offerings, provisioning and technological needs.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or other applicable technical degree. The ideal candidate will have at least five to seven years of experience in the IT and IP fields.
• Expertise in Calix, Juniper, Cisco, DHCP and DNS
• Familiarity with BGP routing protocol.
• The incumbent should be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on spreadsheets. Proficiency with applicable drawing tools to create system records and diagrams.
Outside Plant Technician
- Diagnose and repair troubles at customer premises.
- Diagnose and repair troubles in outside network.
- Perform linework and groundwork, as necessary.
- Place and maintain cable in underground conduit systems.
- Install and remove aerial cable.
- Install and maintain pedestals, poles, carrier sites, and equipment at subscriber locations.
- Splice, terminate and maintain cables, including fiber optic cable.
- Identify counts and prepare groups of pairs for splicing.
- Install and maintain Fiber to the Premises (FTTP).
- Check and record proper readings; use test sets and interpret readings, localize trouble and determine necessary repairs.
- Participate in rotational “on-call” schedule to cover non-working hours.
- Handle heavy physical workload, including climbing, lifting, and stooping. Must be able to lift and carry at least 80 pounds and climb ladder with tools/equipment.
Experience in Telecommunications and a CDL is preferred.
Tidewater Telecom/Coastal Telco Services is and Equal Opportunity Employer. All hiring decisions are based solely on Qualifications, Experience, and Business Needs.