Join a small team connecting Midcoast Maine to cutting edge fiber optic networks.
Why come work with us?
If you want to work on cutting edge internet technology in an environment where everyone knows each others names, we’d love to hear from you.
Please use the Employment Interest Form below. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 563-9911 and ask for the Human Resource department.
• Work closely with the Vice President of Operations on technical planning.
• Design, build and maintain Internet infrastructure supporting residential, commercial and enterprise customers.
• Operate and maintain all legacy layer 2 and layer 3 equipment. This includes the 42xx series core switches along with the MX40 core router and Cisco core routers,
• Operate and maintain the Cisco DWDM network.
• Manage all aspects of Internet Transit and Peering.
• Ensure upkeep of maintenance and contracts of Internet systems and equipment.
• Understand Internet edge services for DSL, FTTH provided by the Central Office.
• Understand firewall and security solutions for internal and external use.
• Support the development and pricing and of Hosted PBX, SIP Network Trunk and SIP PBX Trunk services from the LCI Metaswitch® Softswitch.
• Interface with Central Office and Business Office to support service offerings, provisioning and technological needs.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or other applicable technical degree. The ideal candidate will have at least five to seven years of experience in the IT and IP fields.
• Expertise in Calix, Juniper, Cisco, DHCP and DNS
• Familiarity with BGP routing protocol.
• The incumbent should be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on spreadsheets. Proficiency with applicable drawing tools to create system records and diagrams.
Tidewater Telecom/Coastal Telco Services is and Equal Opportunity Employer. All hiring decisions are based solely on Qualifications, Experience, and Business Needs.